вторник, 7 февраля 2017 г.

Celebrating the 100th Day of School!

Celebrating the 100th Day of School!


Celebrating the 100th Day of School!


Celebrating the 100th Day of School! Great news, folks! We have survived 100 days of school! :) 100 Days Smarter: Each student wrote four facts they've learned since September. Then we connected all of the facts in a paper chain and displayed 100 facts, showing that we're now "100 Days Smarter" :) 1-0-0 pictures: Each student was given die cuts of the numbers 1, 0, 0 and had to create a picture using the numbers. That was all of the direction we gave - and look how AWESOME they turned out: If I was 100 Years Old... The students completed a creative writing assignment in which they imagined their lives at age 100. They had a lot of fun using their imaginations...hence the man in the top left :) I could...I couldn't... This center asked the students to imagine what they could and could not do. For example: I could carry 100...but I couldn't carry 100... OR I could eat 100...but I couldn't eat 100... Some of my favorites were: *I could carry 100 paperclips, but I couldn't carry 100 sumo wrestlers. *I could eat 100 pieces of chocolate, but I couldn't eat 100 anchovies *I wish I had 100 dollars, but I don't wish I had 100 brothers And what makes this day even more exciting for my fifth graders was that this was their 1000th day of school! (5 years (K through 4) x 180 = 900 + 100 days of 5th grade = 1000! We did this fun FREE activity from Meredith Anderson: The students were challenged to figure out how many hours and minutes they had spent in school in 1000 days! Some of them were whining about spending so much of their lives in school - I told them that this is just the beginning :) Have you already celebrated your 100th day of school? I'd love to hear your favorite idea of how to celebrate - leave a comment below! :)", "name": "Celebrating the 100th Day of School!", "authors": []}, "link": {"locale": "en", "title": "Celebrating the 100th Day of School!", "site_name": "~Joy in the Journey~", "description": "Join me as I find joy in the journey of life - from teaching to motherhood and everything in between.


Original article and pictures take http://lawlerjoyinthejourney.blogspot.com/2014/02/tried-it-tuesday-100th-day-of-school.html site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий